Monday, October 22, 2007

Things I Collect

Ok so I decided to list the things that I collect. Some of these things I have been collecting for years now, and some are new found favorites!


1. Elephants (glass, ceramic, etc.) - I love elephants and have a small collection of elephant trinkets. Not stuffed elephants, but elephants I can display, such as glass or crystal ones. Also, the elephants all have to have their trunks facing upward. This signifies good luck.

2. Turtles - Same style as the elephants

3. Cow Parade - This one is a new interest! I obtained my first cow parade figurine several years ago from my friend Raul. It was a white cow painted with blue clouds and it was a souvenir from a travelling art exhibit called the cow parade in which life-sized cows were painted by local artists in different cities around the world. Its a huge hit now! Here is the website: http://www.theconsumerlink.com/COWPARADE/list/ALLFIG/100

While in Puerto Rico, I purchased the second cow for my collection. It is a Starry Night in Texas cow! I love it! Here is a photo of it! I'm looking forward to growing this collection!

4. Shot Glasses representing destinations - I have been growing this collection for years now. I buy shot glasses from different places I go (including states, islands, and theme parks). I have a good collection going now. I just added a new piece from my trip to Puerto Rico!

5. Panoramic Photos by James Blakeway - I started this collection a few years ago and it is by far my favorite thing to collect. It started with a photo of Manhattan (including the Twin Towers). Some of my posters were lost in my last move but I'm trying to expand my collection slowly. Here is a link to some of the posters!



I like them mounted so I can hang them. When I have my own home, I plan on displaying the posters on the wall in one room.


No comments: