Thursday, September 4, 2008
Planning a Wedding
So.... planning a wedding is a very stressful thing. No wonder a lot of people decide to skip the whole thing and just do the paperwork. I really feel that I don't have it in me to go through with this event. Of course I want to be married but is all of this hurrah really necessary? I mean, is all of the money spent and the stress gained a good thing? I suppose it is easy for people who have a lot of money to spend. They just hire a wedding planner and off they go! Unfortunately, my purse strings will have to remain a bit tight. Its not that I cant pull together the means to have a big wedding, but in some ways I don't want to! I mean, wouldn't it be nice to invest that money elsewhere, like into my first home, or grand vacation, or into my future childrens' educations? Who am I really trying to impress here? I feel like a lot of my family and friends put unfair and selfish pressure on me so that they can attend a big wedding. Who doesn't love a wedding? But really, Gib and I have a lot of thinking to do about what we really want to do in regards to this wedding. In the end, its really about the two of us. Time is ticking away.....tick tick tick....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment