Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Catching Up!

Well it’s about time I am frank with you, Blogspot. I’m sorry you’re always the last to know. It’s been a long long time since my rants in 2007 and a lot has happened, believe you me! As I mentioned in my last post, I am in between jobs, which isn’t necessarily a bad place to be! I have been fortunate enough to make some good use of my non-working time, traveling and getting things done in general. Unfortunately, going to the gym has not been one of those things, but I’m working on that. But let me start at the beginning…

Gib (you remember Gib) was here in Orlando in December for the Christmas and New Years holidays. We really had a great time. We had some really nice family time, attended some nice holiday parties, went clubbing, saw the ICE show, opened presents with the family, (I got a flat screen TV, a nice necklace, some new games for my Nintendo DS) oh, and we got engaged! Tah Dah! Yes, blogspot, I am affianced! I am a betrothed woman! And I’m very excited. Seems like most of my life until now has been wasted time, although I know it was all practice and lessons learned. He proposed on a romantic bridge at Leu Gardens. It was on the 27th of December so of course I didn’t expect it because all of the presents were already open! I have to say, without dwelling on it too much, that I am very happy. I know I have found the perfect man who loves me unconditionally and who has a faithful and honest heart. Not many people are as lucky as I am.

Check out the Rock!


Let’s see… what else? After the engagement I left CNL in March. I had surgery on June 4th. I won’t explain it in detail because darnit, it’s personal. But I will tell you in person if you ever ask. My recovery time was about 2 weeks. Can you imagine I was laid up in bed and couldn’t even go downstairs? It was miserable. But between leaving CNL and having surgery, I was pretty sick and low on energy so I didn’t do a lot of socializing and partying. I did however go to New Jersey (Teaneck and Atlantic City) in April and I had a really nice time with the fiancé and his friends.

Hanging out at the Chelsea Inn in Atlantic City


Gibby, gambling away!

I spent a lot of time in Miami dealing with family affairs and on June 26th, I became a U.S. Citizen. I know I should be excited but I have been in this country for about 24 years so it wasn’t very emotional for me. But I am happy about it, nevertheless. Next week I am off to NJ/NY for my future sister-in-law’s wedding. I’m very excited to get to meet all of my future new family. I suspect you will hear from me again with a report on that event :)

No comments: