Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Its been so long!!










Wow! I can’t believe it is just about September of 2007 and I haven’t used this blog since November of 2006. I feel terrible! Honestly, I forgot I had even started a blog. It was at such a bad time in my life. Things were not going well. In my last post I said that I hope 2007 would bring me some happiness and low and behold it did! It’s amazing how things can look up just when you are as low as you can go. I am very thankful that things are a lot brighter in Soraya’s world.

A lot of it is due to one person. His name is Gibran Singh and we have been seeing each other for about 9 months now but officially, 7 months yesterday. “What’s so great about Gib?” you ask? Well I’ll tell ya ;) He’s just a really good guy, which is all I ever really wanted. He has an amazing, outgoing personality and he knows how to talk to people. When you are around him you instantly enjoy yourself. He is honest and loyal. He’s also a family guy. He knows what he wants and it includes a happy life and a family. He doesn’t feel the need to be out there playing the field like so many guys in this day and age. He treats me like I never imagined a guy would or could treat me. When I went on my first “weekend date” with him, I remember describing it to people as “a fantasy”. I was amazed at the affection he showed me, the kind words he showered upon me (even in front of friends and family), and the way he made me feel like a princess (that’s his nickname for me). It was unreal and like nothing I had ever experienced with a boyfriend.





Our first weekend together was at the end of January this year. I picked him up on a Thursday night and we went for a drive downtown (I took him to see my job) before heading home. The next day we went to Sea World and spent the day. It was so great to see the penguins and touch them. I had an amazing day. That night he met my mother and she fell in love with him. We went to dinner at Texas de Brazil (yum!) and then went to my brother’s club (Element). We had a really good time. We stayed at the Renaissance Hotel at Sea World for the remainder of the weekend. It was a really amazing room and so comfy! The next day we lounged around at the hotel before going home to spend time with the family. I remember I sent him to go get wings and fries with my mom and I think he was a little nervous but it was a good opportunity for them to bond! Later on we went to get ice cream at Twistee Treats and then went to Bob Marley’s at CityWalk, where I got to meet his cousin and her husband, both who live in Orlando. The next day I took him to the mall at Millenia and we bought matching shirts at Macy’s ;). The rest of the day was spent lounging at home and eating BBQ before I took him to the airport. I was sad to see him go. I was on cloud nine and had a great weekend.


There are many more stories and dates that followed but I wont tell them all here. It has been a really good year so far. I got a promotion at work and I’m in a whole new role. It’s a lot of fun. I’m all done with school for the moment and I have a wonderful man. Things couldn’t be too much better.

Until next time, Au Revoir!

No comments: